Sunday 26 January 2014

And I can do that??

How many years have I used a roll cutter? and a cutting mat, and a ruler?? and I get this??
 look like a straight cut to you?


no, not to me either... Good thing it was not critical!




I decided to try doing a quilt as you go type finish on these, but it is slow progress at the moment.




 and I am trying to just go with the flow for these, so a bit of roundy roundy...











and a bit of cross hatching















with perhaps a little square spirals... if you understand me...







and I have achieved four, and one ready to go...

Not quite sure what I do about attaching them, but I left a good margin, so I can have a play... don't hold your breath!


6 comments:

Catherine said...

Love those blocks!

the running hare said...

I'm trying to work out how you managed those stepped cuts with a rotary cutter!

Fabraholic said...

What about actually using your specs? :-)

Indianna said...

My cutting would look like that after a few too many glasses go wine! You can buy little non slip discs which stick on the bottom of your ruler to stop it slipping....they might help!

Diane-crewe said...

you could put sashing inbetween x I seem to recognise that type of cutting!! lol xx

Di said...

Well after the comments on wine drinking and the lack of glasses what can I say? The bonus of this method is there is no basting and wrestling the quilt in order to quilt it. Keep going. Di x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts