Sunday 15 July 2012

more butterfly







 Brooch backs are really not that expensive, I go to a funny little fabric and craft shop in a small local town, and she tends to have something you want any time you go in. So a dozen brooch backs are not too costly, and judicious use of a hot glue gun ( would this work for the frame purse? Possibly not, as the glue goes off too quickly), and you have a brooch.


I think this will make an acceptable extra? and my partner can always dispose of it if it is surplus to requirement!

I can see myself making more of these, and various other variations come to mind!
hmm.







This brooch pin is secured with a fabric band stitched to backing, and then glued to stop it slipping- hot glue guns are wonderful-









And it sits up proud, a bit like a real butterfly!







The other one I glued directly onto  the butterfly, so this feels less secure to me. I don't think it really is less secure, but feels it!





















 I think this is the better version to go on this bag, I am sure I will find another home for the other one!The back of this has the pin attached with some fabric. I think this is because some of the colours in the lower wing echo the bag fabric.









2 comments:

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love the 'grass' and the butterfly added to the purse is GENIOUS!!! It is a lovely lovely project :)

Isisjem said...

Great idea! If you didn't want to use glue you can sew these kinds of backs on to fabric projects too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts