Wednesday 21 October 2015

a quilt finish

For her birthday, DD2 asked for a quilt. No other requirements, just, Mum, please make me a quilt.
Now the birthday is in early October, and the request came in early September, so, plenty of time to make that quilt, yes?

Well, other than that I also work full time, and have one or two other responsibilities, yes, that is bags of time...

I thought hard about this, but actually, I knew what I wanted to make, and I wanted nice cheery colours,  and to make something she would love despite all the inevitable flaws...
 this is where I started. A simple but scrappy look, And it grew.



slowly I added to it.


























and eventually I had thirteen like this...







which needed twelve to go between...
 
to make this.

Put on a spare bed


 and here is the back
and the obligatory rolled up shot..




Did I make the deadline?    well,  not quite.
The little one came home the week after her birthday, and I did manage to get it done for then.

And, I think she likes it.

7 comments:

the running hare said...

Love the rainbow effect and the secondary circles. I'm sure it will be well loved!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Wow! I love that pattern and the rainbow colours look wonderful!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's fabulous!

JoZart Designs said...

Fantabulous! Well planned and I love the way it all came together when completed and how it transformed the look of the original blocks.
Jo x

Diane-crewe said...

well done I am sure she will love it for many years xx LOVE the bright colours x

Lynz said...

She must love it coz it's beautiful!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a gorgeous quilt! I love the design and colours :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts