Saturday, 23 August 2014


I have been away, with DD2, for a week.. It was lovely, but my camera has now died... so there may be radio silence from here after this for a bit... sorry- Enjoy these last pics... and guess where we were!

There may be something in it for a correct guess... or not,

 if too many folk get it right! And if you have privileged info- Sorry- you are NOT included... I did tell someone- Sorry! that feels so unfair- but then as they know....

I shall give you a week to guess!

Edited to say, We were on the lovely island of Rhodes. I shall plan to make a minute something for three of you, and send... but do not hold your breath, I am knee deep in tutus at the moment!

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Beeing good

It is the final month for our Hipbees. This is rather sad, as I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this little group. We have had a lovely Bee mamma, in Di, and the other ladies I have been playing along with are so friendly and a super bunch to work with. As they say though, all good things come to an end, and it is time to say a sad goodbye. As an introduction to really fun bees, this was fabulous. 
So, thank you, Di,  and all the lovely ladies, I am sure we shall continue to be online friends, and meet in other bees and swaps. 
Our final block has been the Plus block, Amy did all the hard work for us, and created thes blocks, all we had to do, was the sewing of them! Thank you Amy!

The other bee I am taking part in is the Fat Stash Brit bee. This month is Ashleigh's month. She had a panel of 'Cardigan Ladies' This was chopped up and distributed, with some additional fabrics, and we were told to get on and create!

I rather took her at her word and had great fun with this one..... I really hope she likes it... we shall see. Anyway, it is done now, and ready to be sent back to her. I wonder how she will put all her ladies together?

Sunday, 27 July 2014

Kitty kindle cover...

Our Fat Stash bee mamma for the month requested pussy cats...  and I had great fun with them... see cat blocks here...

And I found it inspirational!
I had promised my DD1 a kindle cover since..., well, ever since she got a kindle?

Finally I had the inspiration I needed to make it! The inner details I was quite happy with, and knew exactly what I was planning to do... but the pretty outer cover? Cats it is!


I am really proud of that neat little closure. Very simple, but it seems to work!
I think these kitties will cheer my daughter every time she looks at it! That is not to suggest she won't use the commercial cover she already has, it does useful things like standing the kindle up at an angle so you can be hands free.. But I do hope this one will also be used. 

 There is a useful little spot at the bottom, which I hope will mean she can recharge it without taking the kindle out..  and I thought a flap might help keep the kindle secure in the pocket, less liable to slip out...

Can you tell, DD1 loves purple? I do too, of course, but , yes, she LOVES purple!

And, there is a little zippy pocket hiding under that strip on the left there, so she can store her cable when not needed. 

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

In all dimensions

 You may remember this block...

and you may remember this one too..

well they joined with some friends, and all came together to make this quilt!

 Backed in a pretty fleece, and bound in shades of purple, and looking fresh and pretty thrown over the back of my sofa.. All the wrong colours for my living room, but who cares! I love it anyway!
I am really pleased with how it worked out in the end! and a big thank you to a rather good friend who helped poke me in the posterior to get it finished! Thank you!

Ended up 55" square, so just nicely works as a cover for a double bed, not draping down the sides, and would look great on a single bed, too.

Monday, 21 July 2014

Summer flowers

Just a few shots from the garden. Warning... there may be butterflies!

There is a lot going on in the garden just now, so I thought I would brighten your day with some of the joy!

That's all!

 This is 'Lucifer'

But this one is a volunteer!

PS, go see Lucy for an amazing giveaway!

Sunday, 13 July 2014

She asked for pussy cats..

It is Hannah's month at the Fat Stash Brit bee. Hannah clearly likes a cat... She offered us a choice. We could make a granny square, with a cat centre, or we could make an alternative block. With a cat on it. Any cat. So, that is what I did, I made any other cat.

This lovely girl is clearly devoted to her personal appearance... And, yes I put some stabiliser on the back before I went all round her. Why does stabiliser make it better? I have no idea, but it does!

And then these fellows came out to play!

I thought I would leave them together, then Hannah can divide them if she wishes.

My daughter now has the wanties! She could fancy a few of these around the place!

Friday, 11 July 2014

That circle skirt...

I finally, after nearly a year, got around to making the skirt.

Not long then... and considering it only takes a couple of hours to make, I think that is disgraceful!

And while you are at it, kindly admire the freshly jetwashed flags! They had gone battleship grey, but are now, temporarily restored to their original colours! And, all the 'volunteer's in the form of snapdragons have been disposed.... Shame, I like a few volunteers.... but I suspect it looks better now, or at least tidier!

If anyone wants a tutorial written for a circular skirt, kindly comment to that effect, and I shall do one... If no-one wants it, I shall save the effort for another time!

  Somehow, circular skirts do hang nicely, and give great freedom of movement. I like them!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts