Wednesday 8 August 2018

Gestation


First, may I apologise to anyone who has commented and got no response. Blogger, in their infinite wisdom, have stopped forwarding comments to my email, so I do not always register they are here! I should be able to catch them eventually, unless someone comments on a fairly old post- I do love to know you have been here, and enjoyed ( or hated, even- I do not always love what I have done) some of my projects..

Now to the point of the post!

Some things take their own time. I think the Brazilian Post office comes in to that category.

Last year we did a swap. It was a Winter/Christmas swap. I drew they loveliest of ladies for whom to make. Sil, who lives in Brazil. The last day for posting was on November, but I knew I had lots of making to get on with, so I got my parcel off early. So my package went in the post towards the start of November.

I had pretty sparkly frosty looking fabric to give the 'chill factor'. and with some blue and crisp white on white, I thought a little scene would appear- Birdies in the snow, a few left over leaves, and we are set.


A wee play with borders,  some careful mitring,  fairly simple quilting, and I had a result. 



sorry about the 'Freds' in the picture... 




I know Sil loves all things Christmas, so I popped in a home made ornament, for her, reckoning 6 weeks in the post? Max, she will have this for her tree... 


And I sat back to wait..... and wait.... and wait!

Eventually I contacted the swap mamas. What should I do? Should I start again, now months later, and send another one? Or should I leave her in the lurch- no swappy quilt on her doorstep? Either option feels unfair, but what could I do? Post office here cannot trace it past our borders, Brazilian post is notorious... 
Mamas said leave it. So, reluctantly I left it. 
Then, this week, a whole 9 months later, News!

The package has arrived! 
Sil's beaming face is all that I could have hoped for, she is such a joy to give to, as she shows all her delight in the offerings . 

So, that is now home, and I think, after 9 months we should call it a baby!




2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

Thank goodness it got there EVENTUALLY! I have heard that the post in ALL of South America is bad .. makes us appreciate the service we get xx

Sarah said...

Whilst it's sad it was so late, it's brilliant that it finally got there and isn't lost forever. Sweet swap parcel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts