Wednesday 5 March 2014

Fallen...

Well, I didn't really say I wouldn't buy more fabric... and when I saw this, well, would you have left it behind? OK, yes, you probably would have left it behind, but I didn't. It came home with me.




























I had a dress in mind. No pattern, but a dress. So I trawled through all my patterns, and have come up with one. Designed ( wouldn't you know) for woven fabric. And this is a knit. It is a soft, lightweight jersey. and, of course, I want a contrast band. Black, I thought, though a plummy maroon would work. What have I not got? A soft jersey in black or plummy maroon. I have lycra, but it is shiny, and for this, I think, shiny will not be right. I have tape to stabilise shoulder seams, I have stretch interfacing. I do not have soft black jersey. And I do not fancy doing contrast bands in this same fabric. I think it would be too busy and confusing...

So, just now my sewing space looks like this...


Magazines laid out on the ironing board while I looked for the right pattern..













Pattern diagram laid on the floor so I could crawl all over it to get my pieces..














 and everything else turned upside down to hunt for all the missing necessary items I couldn't find... I will find even less now...




But you can't be creative without making a mess, can you.... Perhaps I shouldn't ask.....






And, I couldn't resist, look at these crocus, singing their little hearts out!

They make me smile!










6 comments:

cheeky monkey said...

This will be great for a dress! Hope it is for you!

Diane-crewe said...

OK! I admit it .. I would have taken the fabric home with me x Hope you manage to work it out xx is it a reaction the the Great British Sewing Bee? LOVE the crocus x

the running hare said...

I have the same beautiful crocuses! They do make my heart lift at this time of year,

mumasu said...

That fabric is really pretty. I have bought fabric from stone fabrics online before, they may have some jersey to go with and you can order a swatch first. I love it when the crocus(es?)come out, feels like the slow stroll from winter is turning to a jog.

Isisjem said...

sometimes you just have to go with your instincts and take it home! I love the crocus' took a similar pic of some in our local church yard just yesterday! So pretty and cheery!

Barb and Sharon said...

Love love love the crocus. They glow with happiness!
Barb@Witsend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts