Wednesday 15 October 2014

Hanging on the wall....

I think I have finished! I have 32 tutus hanging up in my hall!

A tiny picture- do not want to give too much away at this stage... more when I can get a picture of one on it's body!  I hope...




but I reckon I can give you progress shots of armbands without it being too drastic!
 Each length of organza is hand pleated and pinned onto satin, then overlocked in place.... taking out pins as one sews, the overlocker objects to trying to cut them.... Cannot imagine why....

 and then the opposite side of the satin is overlocked- frays like crazy, if you don't!






This is then folded over and pinned, and stitched down.




and chopped into lengths and piled high on the ironing board- for lack of any other sane place to put them....

                               
                                    or, over the back of a chair....

















and a piece like this gets chopped in two, and elastic threaded through, and then checked on an arm, before being stitched to make the band..


Am I allowed to add this to the link for le Challenge? It is a mix of fabrics... satin, organza and elastic..making something beautiful... I hope so! we shall see if Lucy and co permit!











9 comments:

Nat at Made in Home said...

Happy to have this as an entry to le challenge! Cannot believe how many tutus you made! Thanks for sharing on le challenge!

DeborahGun said...

32 tutus - that is crazy! Gorgeous mix of fabrics though!

the running hare said...

Phew! Bet you're glad that's over!

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

Wow that sure is a lot of tutus! Very pretty.

Katrina said...

Congratulations on getting them all done, an absolute serged masterpiece :-)

Second Chance Tan said...

Wow - 32 tutu's - you must be dreaming about them in your sleep!!! x

Diane-crewe said...

oh my goodness! well done ... deep breath... and slowly release xx

Catherine said...

All those gorgeous tutus!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Incredible! They look amazing and of course it's allowed, I'm glad you linked up :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts