Monday 18 May 2015

madness awaits...

The Bee! the fat Stash Brit Bee has got off the ground again!
This time it is Made Barefoot, who has sent some pretty background fabrics and asked for Wonky houses... One door, one window, a chimney and then... anything goes!

In common with a few others I find a slight lack of inner wonk.. but I am making an extra house as well, and it will need to be wonky...
So here goes, House number one


Yes, it will need trimming a little, but I am leaving it a tad big, to give room for maneuver when it reaches it's destination.. It can be left slightly long or short depending whether someone else's house is a tad big or small...
 and I sort of followed the sewing chick's tutorial to get there..  She is very good and explains  about trying to keep the grain right even though we are wonking it up! If you get my drift there...

So, another one to go yet.. I shall show all when it becomes!

7 comments:

Leo said...

hmm I don't think I ever though much of the grain running in one direction when I do wonky stuff ... I wonder if it's really that important ...

the running hare said...

Looks to have the perfect amount of wonk to me!

Diane-crewe said...

well done ... glad I don't have to do TWO!!! I would go mad xxx

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I find wonk is so tricky - but less so when trying to be straight...This house is looking great. Made Barefoot's quilt is going to be lovely :)

barbara woods said...

love your wonky house

JoZart Designs said...

Love your wonky house!!! Thrilled we'll both be doing the same thing on June 10th!! It will be great to meet you for real
Jo x

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

A lovely wonky house - I often find myself wonking at the same angle, which kind of misses the point..!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts