Monday 10 October 2011

Sunday sewing

Yes I had a lovely day, yesterday. I spent a good bit of it playing with fabric some stuff I had from some years ago, and some more recent, and at some point I will get pictures. Just not quite yet. I played with old crafty ideas, and a new pattern and just played, instead of getting on with the dreaded housework.
and at the end of the day, I had produce. I tried two slightly different ways of binding an edge, and have yet to decide which I like better. I can go on thinking about that a while yet . Maybe both? I look at different methods on the net, and they always look better when other folk do them, than when I do. Is it like FMQ? Other peoples looks great, and mine is rubbish...

And then back to today and the usual work round. Feet firmly back on the ground.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya... I don't even know how I found your blog! I've got so much going on and can't decide what to do. :o(

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Sewing is a wonderful excuse not to do housework!! :)

maria said...

Hi. I prefer to sew continuous binding with a mitred corner which is machine sewn and then hand sewn down on the back. I'm sure there are tutorials out there somewhere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts