Sunday 1 June 2014

google/ yahoo issue...perhaps sorted?? warning a bit techie!


Anyone else having the same issue as I have been, with commenting on someone's blog, and getting your mail back saying it was rejected, I just might have come up with an answer!  I do not promise, but this is where I came from. 


Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
arrived in my inbox. Along with a whole load of techie jargon, which I could not turn into English. and helpful links, which didn't help. 

Moving on, I have been hunting, and I think I may have come up with an answer!

Yes, I may still appear as a no reply blogger, depending on how I am logged in, but perhaps comments may now land in your inbox, whereas they have recently been coming back to mine!

Ok, follow closely.. 

Go in to your 'dashboard'  or design page. At the top Right hand corner you will find a profile section, just above the wee cog thingy, Click on the little down arrow, beside your name, this brings up a box, which, in the middle has a section saying ' blogger profile' ( yes, again...)

Click on this. A page should appear which shows , amongst other things, the blogs you follow, and again on the Right hand side, an orange box, well, on mine it is orange, saying 'edit profile' 

Yes!    Click on that!

The second button down gives the email address to which you are attached. If the box beside this is ticked, then, you are NOT a no reply blogger. 

BUT! what is the email address to which you are attached? 

It would appear, Yahoo and Google are not being very friendly just now, so, if, like me, you are set up with a yahoo address there, blogger, being Google based, will not accept that this belongs together, or perhaps, it may be that it is yahoo that does not accept it...  anyway, that is what is causing the throwback. 

So, I have changed it, to an email address, which I already had, which is gmail, and therefore, google based! 

So far, this seems to have stopped me getting the  Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
messages. 

Try it for yourself and see if it works! I await the event!



Just because I couldn't leave you with no pictures... here is my ' blue eyed grass', sisyrinchium. I love this little one. 




and evidence for what I did today... All day in the garden. Looks better for it though!





















2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

well Im getting your comments now x something worked xx well done for sorting it out xx

the running hare said...

This is why I have a gmail account linked to blogger and 2 yahoo accounts ( one normal one and one new one for flickr since yahoo had a hissy fit about flickr).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts