Wednesday 11 January 2012

Lovely morning

Some days things work out better than you can possibly hope. I went to visit a bloggy friend, She had never met me, but we had exchanged emails and looked at what the other does, and I like what she does, and she seems a lovely relaxed person, and very sweet. Today I met her. What a star, she is at least as lovely in person as she is on her blog, mention no names, but  I am hoping we can do this again sometime. Tea, cake and a chatty two year old. Bliss. Love it.

Then home and a little bit of sewing and marmalade making!. Could there be a better day off?

 I think not.



I picked up some vibrant solids to start making blocks for the quilt as you go QAL with Laura, I had batting at home but quite forgot I would need backing.
As luck would have it I have a really cheerful spotty fabric, and one or two other candidates for this, and so I started. I am not as organised as Laura, so I am afraid, I made a block and had a go. Not quite the disaster it would have been if I hadn't played with fluffy sheep last autumn, but definitely not a prizewinner. I used a same colour thread, so it won't look too bad, but as I get better, ( I hope) I may rip it out and try again.

There are a few odd size stitches, some of the time it flowed really well and looped in the right places, and then it stopped flowing and I got some pointy bits! On the photo, you really can't see the disasters, Yeay for same colour thread!

Yes, practise required!

4 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

Lovely! I can't wait to get mine cut sandwiched and start to quilt!

Diane-crewe said...

so glad you had a good visit xx

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your fabrics are looking great!

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Oh I haven't even started this!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts