Friday 17 May 2013

a basket case...

 The basket swap is starting to throw up some very nice baskets. A lot of work is going into some of these, and I had to put on my thinking cap, to decide which I would make. There are lots of tutorials and instructions out there, for various baskets, but from the information available about my partner, I get the feeling she likes things kept quite simple and elegant. I found this lovely fine flame orange linen, only a small scrap of it, and some fabric for a lining, and looked for a simple organic design to work with it. These stems and leaves I have done before, and with a pretty, variegated thread, I thought it would look OK.


 But, just suppose? if she is not a fan of orange. Well, in the abstract, I am not the biggest fan of orange... this orange I love, and soft coral oranges I love, but raw orange? Not for me.

So, I had a very pale yellow. So pale, it almost doesn't look yellow. And the same simple, variegated thread design- A different colour of thread, but same style- and a matching version is born.



 But, perhaps she would like something a little more fun?

I already had these chevrons, which make a fun lining...

Simple strips of red prints turn into a basket




this picture shows it inside out, just for the sake of keeping some confusion!

And, no handles on this one!


So, which of these will I send?


and I have folk who want each of them- so good homes will be found for any left over....


I am thinking hard, what to do!

I will show the whole of the red one soon.Just not yet  as that might tell someone too much...

4 comments:

cheeky monkey said...

I am still with the red one! Yellow is just not my color even if the leave looks great. I can not wait until I know which one your partner is getting. need to catch up

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are wonderful - I love your stitching. I think the yellow is my favourite but your partner has a hard choice!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are wonderful - I love your stitching. I think the yellow is my favourite but your partner has a hard choice!

Di said...

Hard choice R. They are all nice but different! I'm glad tag I don't have to choice which one to send. Di x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts