Thursday 31 May 2012

Paper piecing

I did the traditional hexies years ago, - before children!- and made a cushion cover. I may still have it somewher, who knows? Anyway, Leila put up a block to be made with EPP, as one of the latest skill builder blocks, and as so much of it is hand sewing, and I was so busy with other things, it took a while to get around to it. But now I have. ( No, that is not English, but it says what I want it to say.) And I quite enjoyed it. And then this evening I decided I was doing something for me, so I appliqued it onto some left over azure, using ribbon for the stem, and using some of my lovely rainbow King Tut round the flower. Well, I didn't want to change thread for each one!

So there it is. Rainbow flower hexies.

I am looking forward to the next one, which is a particularly lovely star, just to choose the fabrics, and I can get it going.

Sorry, you can go away now, if you like, but I need to put more garden pictures in for DD1, as she cannot see them in person, and I think she likes to be kept in touch!


yellow flag iris

We shall have strawberries- unless Mr Blackbird has them first!



















 Love the clash of colour here!
Bourbon, just look at the colour of that!

3 comments:

Lilly said...

Love the colour of the bourbon! And the irises look amazing, too. I like your block - I have stalled a little on mine because I've been spinning instead.

cheeky monkey said...

You have a beautiful garden! And your strawberries look much better than mine :)

Diane-crewe said...

I LOVE to see gardens .. hope your daughter enjoys them xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts